Sunday, June 1, 2014

2014 win prediction

For those of you who read my “what it will take to reach Sandy’s goal of 90 wins” post, you know I was thinking 85 wins.  However, after watching a considerable number of games this spring, I’m going to go with 82 wins for the season.  I just haven’t seen enough offense for us to consistently win close games.  I think our pitching will be our strength.  The loss of Harvey doesn’t concern me that much.  Remember, he only won 9 games last year.  Colon should more than make up for that.  And I do think we are better than we were last year.  Hopefully, if we can still be in the 2nd wild card mix in July the Mets will be buyers and not sellers and we can add a bat to the lineup, but unless our SS and 1B start producing, I don’t see us approaching 85+ wins, let alone Sandy’s goal of 90.  I hope I’m wrong.  Either way, let’s hope the rain gets out of here early tomorrow so we can….PLAY BALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment